|Photo taken by author|
How does hiking connect with simply living?
1) All you need are your feet.
2) You can turn your iPhone off because the connection won't reach the mountain top.
3) Your breathing and heartbeat become very important
4) Senses are sharpened - a bowl of udon on a mountain tastes 3 times as good as it does in the city
5) Silence is the primary sound.
6) The mind quits chattering, allowing problems to be solved without effort.
7) Coming back to the city is great.
8) Sleeping is bliss.