My wife treated me to a bowl of 'Cold China' (literal translation of Hiyashi Chuuka) in New Zealand 13 years ago. I thought it was okay.
Today, Cold China stands as my recommend for best summer food ever. Here's why:
- Summer means heat - your body demands less food.
- There's a danger of snacking replacing meals, leading to a poor diet and lethargy.
- Enter Cold China, which is packed with goodness.
- The noodles (carbohydrates) are boiled for 3 minutes then run under a cold tap to cool them.
- They get moved into a deep bowl and loaded with ham (protein), sliced omelet (protein), fresh cucumber and tomatoes (nutrients).
- Cold China comes with a choice of two delicious sauces, which you can pour over cold.
Get some if you can.